What’s a digital leader?
A digital leader is a pupil who is part of a digital leaders’ team within their school, their role is to support the use and further the development of Computing in school. Being a digital leader helps children develop confidence and leadership skills. Digital leaders have a fantastic opportunity to take on new responsibilities and learn new skills.
As a digital leader, their responsibilities are:
- Learning how to use key software, so that they can be a help to others.
- Assist teachers and pupils in understanding coding applications.
- Have a good understanding on how to stay safe with technology and share with others.
- Trialling potential new software and websites, then demonstrating them to other children and teachers.
- Solving problems for and giving help to teachers, parents ,and pupils with Computing.
- Set up equipment in classrooms for teachers.
- Helping to lead the school forwards within the subject of Computing.